by Babs ‘O’Reilly
Since the ancient times, meditation has been used by a lot of people, especially those on the oriental side of the world. According to them, meditation is a good way of freeing the soul.
Thus, meditation is mostly associated to spiritual exercises. However, another good effect of meditation is that it can relax the mind and the body which is good way of maintaining a healthy body.
Moreover, meditation is a good technique to relieve stress. Thus, meditation is being suggested by most stress management experts as an excellent tool for use in coping with life’s daily frustrations and pressures.
However, in the recent years, there are also findings that link meditation to slowing down the process of aging. So, if you want to be healthy and young looking, meditation is one solution.
Here are the steps on how you can add meditation to your arsenal of tools against the aging process.
1. Location – It is better to choose your location first on where you can do your meditation. If you plan to do it in your house, select a place where it is quiet and with calm ambiance. Your room and the guest room can be a good candidate.
2. Schedule – It is important to set aside at least thirty minutes for your meditation. So, if you can schedule it, all the better. And, make sure to stick to your schedule.
3. Relax – Start relaxing yourself by sitting down cross legged on the floor. You can use a blanket or something that may provide comfort to you. If you can’t do that, you can start by sitting on a chair instead.
4. Free Your Mind – Close your eyes and don’t think of anything. Just allow the energy to flow into your mind and your body. Don’t put any expectations. The concept is to allow your mind to be free from anything. So, don’t fantasize or think of your problems or the solution to your worries.
5. Breath – Breath normally. Avoid controlling on how you breathe but you have to focus without controlling it. It is essential in meditation.
Once you have mastered the above mentioned tips, you will not have any difficulties in meditating. But the problem is that mastering meditation is not that easy. So, it is better to not lose hope. With practice you will be able to get it and when you do meditation will be a favorite part of your day.
If you are still having problems, then you may seek a meditation instructor to help you. Moreover, there are classes that can be enrolled in order to master the art of meditation.
So, better inquire with them because the results of meditation are really desirable. You will be very healthy and at the same time, slow down the process of aging.