August 12, 2015
Posted by on
Here’s a recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth without packing on the pounds. These ice cream sandwiches are low in calories and fat in addition to tasting delicious! YUM!
4 large very ripe bananas
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
12 organic graham cracker rectangles (which make 24 squares)
1. Peel bananas and slice into 1/2 inch discs. Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a large plate or baking sheet. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
2. Place the banana slices in a food processor or powerful blender. Puree banana slices, scraping down the bowl as needed. Puree until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the peanut butter and puree to combine. If you prefer harder ice cream, place in the freezer for a few hours and then serve.
3. Place 12 graham cracker squares on a back sheet lined with wax paper. Use the fork to smear the banana and peanut butter ice cream onto the crackers. Top each with a graham cracker to make 12 sandwiches.
4. Stack them so you have a row of four. Serve immediately or cover them with another sheet of wax paper them in the freezer to be enjoyed later.
Here is a list of our links.
September 8, 2011
Posted by on
Light and sparkling, ginger ale has always been one of my favorite drinks. But drinking sugar-laden, chemically laced store bought soda is out of the question. This is the way Ginger Ale was made before it was commercialized and ruined. It was loaded with health benefits. The addition of real vanilla in this recipe adds a wonderful depth of warmth to the spiciness of the ginger.
makes about 3 cups concentrate which should yield about 6 glasses of Ginger Ale
- 4 cups water
4- to 5-inch piece of ginger
1 teaspoon white Stevia powder (liquid Stevia works just as well)
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
a wedge of lime
sparkling water (no artificial sweeteners)
- Peel the ginger and cut it into slices.
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the ginger and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a heatproof glass container and add the Stevia and vanilla. Stir to dissolve.
- Store in the refrigerator until cold. Serve over ice with an equal amount of sparkling water and a wedge of lime. (I have also used lemon when I didn’t have lime)
As most of you know the ginger in this recipe has anti- inflammatory properties as well as being chemo-protective. This is a great alternative for those of you who don’t buy store bought soda drinks!
Ginger has been used as a natural remedy for many ailments for centuries. Now, science is catching up and researchers around the world are finding that ginger works wonders in the treatment of everything from cancer to migraines. Here are ten health benefits of this powerful herb.
Ovarian Cancer Treatment
Ginger may be powerful weapon in the treatment of ovarian cancer. A study conducted at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.
Colon Cancer Prevention
A study at the University of Minnesota found that ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
A review of several studies has concluded that ginger is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.
Motion Sickness Remedy
Ginger has been shown to be an effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness.
Reduces Pain and Inflammation
One study showed that ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful natural painkiller.
Ginger has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy. It is most often taken in the form of tea for this purpose.
Cold and Flu Prevention and Treatment
Ginger has long been used as a natural treatment for colds and the flu. Many people also find ginger to be helpful in the case of stomach flus or food poisoning, which is not surprising given the positive effects ginger has upon the digestive tract.
Research has shown that ginger may provide migraine relief due to its ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels.
Menstrual Cramp Relief
In Chinese medicine, ginger tea with brown sugar is used in the treatment of menstrual cramps.
Prevention of Diabetic Nephropathy
A study done on diabetic rats found that those rats given ginger had a reduced incidence of diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage).
Click Here For More Information About the Health Benefits of Ginger Root