Ginger root has long been known to be very effective against many illnesses and diseases. Ginger root is a natural herb, or spice and can be safely consumed without any side-effects.
Ginger is a culinary spice known to add its pungent taste and aroma to whatever dish it is added to. It has a long history as a culinary spice and medicinal herb for thousands of years in Asia, and has been exported to the West thanks to Eastern traders. Since then it has become a staple in most kitchens around the world.
There are many known health benefits of ginger root and other plant foods, but because they are safe for frequent use in reasonable amounts, The medicinal properties of ginger are huge.
Here’s a list Health Benefits of Ginger that you will find interesting.
1. Ovarian Cancer Treatment: According to the study of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center that Ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied. It will be a powerful weapon for treating ovarian cancer.
2. Colon Cancer Prevention: According to the research done at university of Minnesota that Ginger slows down the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
3. Control Diabetes: Ginger lowers the blood sugar levels. Drinking one glass of water mixed with one table spoon of ginger juice in the morning helps to regulate the sugar level.
4. Morning Sickness: A review of several studies has concluded that Ginger just works like vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.
5. Migraine Relief: Ginger has the ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels which helps us to get relief from Migraine. Make ginger paste by adding ginger powder in the water and apply on the forehead.
6.Prevents Cold and Flu: Ginger has been used as a natural treatment for cold and flu, It boosts the immune system of our body by inducing sweating. When you are suffering from cold and flu, you must consume ginger several times a day.
7.Menstrual Cramp Relief: Ginger is a natural pain killer which can be used to reduce menstrual pain. When you are suffering from menstrual cramps, you must drink ginger tea with brown sugar.
8. Heartburn Relief: Ginger promotes healthy heart, It lowers cholesterol and helps blood from clotting. Ginger can be used as a natural heart burn remedy. Try to drink ginger tea several times in a day to get instant relief.
9. Reduces Pain and Inflammation: Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and works as a powerful natural painkiller.
10. Settles Upset Stomach: Ginger calm down an upset stomach because of its carminative properties. It boosts the immune system of our body. Experts are recommended that eat ginger after a large meal to improve digestion.
11. Ginger for sinus problems: Brew a warm ginger spiced tea and sip slowly for a soothing effect or use a ginger tea compress by dipping and squeezing the towel in ginger infused warm water and applying it to the face to aid with the swelling and pain.
Click Here for More Information About the Health Benefits of Ginger