Chocolate Chip Cookies with a Coconut Twist
April 21, 2015
Posted by on
- 3/4 cup unsalted creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the food processor, add in almond or peanut butter, coconut sugar and coconut oil; process until it comes together, about 1 minute. Add in eggs and process again.
- Then add in coconut flour, baking soda and salt; process again until a dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies turn slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Allow them to cool on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining dough.
Makes 20 cookies
Nutritional Analysis per cookie: 111 calories, 7g fat, 9g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 6g sugar, 3g protein