Bentonite clay is an ancient healing clay used by cultures throughout history for their ability to rid the body of toxins. Bentonite clay helps to get oxygen to cells by removing excess hydrogen and allowing it to be replaced by oxygen. It has been used for years for both internal and external detoxification and for its anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-yeast and general disinfectant properties.
How Bentonite Clay Works
Bentonite clay is compromised mostly of negative ions. Toxins and heavy metals in the body are made of positive ions. Bentonite clay works like a magnet that bonds to toxins and helps to eliminate it out of the body.
Bentonite Clay is a unique clay due to its ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. Upon contact with fluid, its electrical components change, giving it the ability to absorb toxins. Bentonite is known for its ability to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals.
Bentonite clay is a common ingredient used in detox and cleansing products. It has an alkalizing effect on the body and when taken correctly, it can help balance gut bacteria.
The common uses for Bentonite Clay are:
- Used on the Skin to Heal Eczema, Dermatitis & Psoriasis
- Used in the Bath as a Soaking Liquid to Remove Toxins
- Allows Internal and External Cells to Receive More Oxygen
- Alkalizes the Body
- Boosts Probiotics
- Relieves Digestive Problems (constipation, IBS, nausea, etc.)
- Boosts Immunity by Killing Harmful Bacteria and Viruses
- Improves the Health of Teeth and Gums
- Moisturize, Condition and Feeds Hair
- Healthy Alternative to Baby Powder
Bentonite have a high concentration of minerals including silica, calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron, and potassium.
There are two main types of Bentonite clay:
- Sodium Bentonite, when activated by water, can swell up to six times its size and has a electromagnetic properties. This makes it very absorbent and helpful for drawing out toxins.
- Calcium Bentoniteparticles are smaller compared to Sodium Bentonite, which makes it more effective for re-mineralizing than drawing toxins out of the skin. These small particles can pass through the colon wall into the bloodstream where it gets rid of toxins and leaves minerals behind.
How to use Bentonite Clay:
- On the Skin: Apply a paste of bentonite clay and water on any skin irritation like blemishes, insect bites, cuts, skin itching, or burns. You can leave it on until it dries for 5 – 15 minutes before washing it off. This is very calming to skin itching from eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, etc.
- Skin Poultice for Bites/Burns/Cuts/Stings: For more severe issues, simply create a poultice by putting a thick layer of clay on the skin and applying a wet gauze or cloth over it. You can also wrap the area and leave the poultice on, changing every 2 hours.
- Face Mask: For smooth and healthy skin, make a paste of bentonite and water and apply to your face as a mask (a similar mask is used in many spas). You can leave it on for 20 – 40 minutes and wash off. It’s so safe and effective you can y do this once or three times a week.
- Detox Bath: Wanna detox your entire body? Simply add about 1/4 cup of Bentonite Clay to a bath for a relaxing detox bath that softens skin.
- For Oral Health: Due to its excellent ability to bind to heavy metals and toxins as well as to provide minerals, It can even be used as toothpaste for brushing your teeth and is tasteless.
- Oral Rinse to whiten teeth: Simply mix with water to act as an alkalizing and toxin removing mouth rinse. Just mix 1/2 teaspoon of clay in 1/4 cup water in a small cup with lid and shake well. Rinse month with solution for 1-2 minutes and repeat until it’s all used up.
- For Mastitis:Create a poultice or mask of Bentonite Clay and water and applied externally to the area. You can repeat as needed every hour until the infection is gone. You can also take it internally during infection along with 2000mg of Vitamin.
- For Baby Powder: Avoid using those harmful talcum powders. Plain Bentonite Clay makes a very soothing baby powder for use when there is a diaper infection or redness. It can also be made into a clay “mask” to help speed recovery in this area.
- For Internal Cleansing: Looking for an internal detox? Pour 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Bentonite Clay in 8 ounces of water, mix and drink.. This can also improve digestion in addition to giving you more energy.
- For Pets: For fur kids who are sick, vomiting or showing signs of illness, you can add Bentonite to their water or mix and give orally with a dropper or syringe without the needle. We have wittness several cases where this helped pets recover quickly from what could otherwise have been serious illnesses.
IMPORTANT: Do not let Bentonite come in to contact with anything metal because this will reduce its effectiveness. If you take it internally, do not take within an hour of eating. Do not take within 2 hours of medications or supplements. If you are going to take it internally always check with your doctor, especially if you have any medical condition.
Now that you know the healing benefits and uses of bentonite clay I bet you’re ready to run out and buy some! Wait! Not so fast. First, you want to make sure you’re getting a quality product. Dr. Akilah partnered with the Fremont Indigenous People of Utah to create this natural healing clay extracted from the earth and brought to you in its pure, natural state. Her healing clay is 100% pure sodium bentonite clay.
Click on the link or picture below for more information