Are You in a Dangerous Relationship With Food?
March 14, 2012
Posted by on
By Caleb Daniloff
Quiz: Your Food and You
How do you and food get along? This non-scientific true-false quiz will help you get a handle on your relationship with food.
How do you and food get along? This non-scientific true-false quiz will help you get a handle on your relationship with food. Answer the questions below based on your habits, patterns, and typical behavior and see how you score.
1. I don’t need to eat unless my stomach is grumbling.
2. I feel guilty after I eat sweets.
3. I’ll run extra miles tomorrow to make up for whatever I eat at dinner tonight.
4. I believe there is a perfect way for a runner to eat.
5. I have off-limits foods, like pizza.
6. I often skip meals.
7. I eat the exact same thing every single day.
8. I have to know how many calories are in my food.
9. I never splurge on an alcoholic beverage or dessert.
10. I can only eat carbs if I’m logging heavy training mileage.
If you responded “True” to three or fewer questions… Keep it up!
You enjoy eating balanced, healthy meals and don’t sweat the occasional splurges.
If you responded “True” to between four and six questions… There’s room for improvement
While you have a healthy attitude toward food much of the time, you may need to remind yourself that it’s wise to focus on eating what you want, when you are hungry and stopping when you are full.
If you responded “True” to seven or more questions… Re-examine your motives
Your relationship with food may be interfering with other relationships and work and personal responsibilities, as well as affecting your health. You may benefit from a visit with a nutritionist or your personal physician for some guidance on building a meal plan that’s right for your lifestyle and fitness goals.
Here is a list of our links.