The Health Benefits of Coconut Water
Coconut water benefits are pretty amazing, it is a very pure liquid second to water, so it is no wonder it will benefit you in your quest for looking younger.
This is definitely one of mother natures best drinks, it is a powerhouse of anti aging properties, and many celebrities are drinking it by the dozen, one in particular I have read about is Madonna.
The coconuts are picked unripe, so there is still liquid in them otherwise if they are allowed to ripen, the liquid inside will become part of the white flesh of the coconut.
The white part is used to make coconut milk; this is not the same as coconut water!
Coconut water’s electrolyte (aid in a number of vital bodily processes) content is very similar to human plasma, and therefore making it a fantastic sports drink, giving you oral re hydration. This is a far better sports drink then the commercial one’s available.
Over the years, pure coconut water has also been used by doctors as an intravenous fluid, because it is completely compatible with the human body.
Coconut water can do so much for you it is absolutely amazing! Combine this with the health benefits of water, and you are on a winning streak for looking younger.
It is rich in minerals such as; sodium, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper phosphorus, potassium, proteins, vitamins C and B, glucose (a type of sugar found in the blood), contains no fat, and despite its sweet taste it has no sugar.
Those who drink coconut water on a regular basis usually have a smooth and lovely complexion, and considering how good this stuff is for you, it is no wonder!
Coconut Water Health Benefits
- helps promote weight loss
- boost your immune system
- fight viruses
- boost poor circulation
- aids digestion by removing toxins
- boost thyroid health
- keep body at proper temperature
- carry nutrients and oxygen to cells
- help break up kidney stones
- great for liver problems such as hepatitis
- reduce urinary problems
- helps eliminate swelling in hands and feet
- good for burns
- good for hangovers
Drinking pure coconut water on a regular basis will help to reduce wrinkles and sagging skin, giving strength and elasticity to the skin. Something we all want as we get older.
History and folklore (circulated by word of mouth, beliefs, and legends) say coconut water has incredible healing powers, which is now being confirmed by medical research and clinical observation.
Coconut water is a common ingredient in beauty products used for hair and skin.
Other Health Benefits of Coconut Water
- Coconut Water is an Antibacterial. Coconut water contains monolaurin, an antiviral, antibacterial and antiprozoal monoglyceride that is used to kill lipid-coated viruses such as HIV, Herpes, cytomegalovirus, flu and various pathogenic bacteria.
- Coconut water is great at reducing vomiting. People who have typhoid, malaria, fevers or other ailments that are known to induce vomiting drink coconut water to settle the stomach. As such, coconut water is also a good thing to drink during a hangover.
- Coconut helps in keeping check over urinary infections. It is very effective in treating kidney and urethral stones.
- Coconut water is very effective in treating intestinal disturbances in infants. It kills intestinal worms.
- Making coconut a part of the daily diet is recommended for those who have been troubled by kidney stones. When taken along with mediation, it helps break up the stones, making it easier for the body to push them out.
- For all those people who are trying to lose weight, drinking coconut water would prove quite useful. This is because the drink increases the rate of metabolism, thus aiding weight loss.
Where to Buy Coconut Water
You can purchase coconut water from your local organic grocery store, health food store or online. Coconut water health benefits are definitely worth it.
Akilah M. El, N.D. is a Naturopathic Doctor and certified Master Herbalist with a private practice in Atlanta Georgia and Berlin Germany. Join Dr Akilah El on Facebook and Twitter